On the Oregon Trail

On the Oregon Trail
Lauren, Katelyn, Matt and Jonathan

Saturday, March 3, 2007

tip tap typing

At this moment in time there are 2.5 months 190 days and 3,238 miles between us and Little River South Carolina. For some reason or another that doesn't really bother me right now. Actually it gets me really anxious and ready to pack up my stuff, sell the rest and just get out of here. But alas we have 2.5 months of school and about 4 months of planning and work to cram into about a 2 month time span.
I love this country for two reasons: there is always something new to discover in this land (there is usually a location or brief span of time somewhere that will remind you of a country you have either seen or been to), there is about 99% of the population that you really don't know anything about, regardless of the amount of television, radio or news you consume. And that is another thing, one of the most rewarding aspects of this trip will be, hopefully, the complete lack of direct contact with the mass media. As ironic as that is being a media major, I seriously need one enormous brake. I has been a dream of mine to live out of a backpack, ever since I watched "Alice's Restaraunt" with my dad in middle school. This is going to be fun and it's only just getting started.

No comments: