On the Oregon Trail

On the Oregon Trail
Lauren, Katelyn, Matt and Jonathan

Friday, March 30, 2007

My feet are soaked!!

Currently, St. Louis is being showered by enormous drops of rain! The gutters are overflowing and swimming pools are being created in my own backyard (parking lot)! It's a gorgeous rainy day and, now that I'm seated in my room, I'm so thankful I ran most of my outdoor errands before the real weather party began.

Okay so here's the funny thing... my birthday was March 27 (Tuesday). Last weekend my sister, Sydney, flew in from Kentucky for a visit. She came bearing gifts-one I have still yet to see (ahem) and one in which was a super-light, hardcore, stylish, green raincoat. Since receiving the jacket, I have been carrying it everywhere in my little hand-bag. THE ONE DAY I run out of my room without my coat...oh yes...St. Louis weather laughs in my face and decides to send...not just sprinkles, but giant (as big as my fist) raindrops. All I have to say is thank goodness for my wonderful boss, Jen, who lent me her umbrella. Instead of getting completely drenched, only my flip-flop wearing feet enjoyed the pleasure of becoming wrinkled raisin skin.

So...I may be exaggerating a little about the weather today, simply because I regret not having my raincoat on hand at the perfect moment. I know I'll have plenty of time in the very near future to test out my coats abilities. In fact, I cannot wait to test it out! I love rain. Morning sprinkles, summer thunderstorms, splashing puddles, spring showers, frosty winter sleet...I heart it all. Today has become one of those thunderstorm days, which has kept me from taking a walk around the neighborhood, but it is lovely to watch and listen to. Of course when the four of us are out on our big journey we'll have to stop for storms and it's actually something I'm looking forward to. With all the running around at school and work right now, I imagine watching the sunset every evening, the sunrise most days and listening the the rain fall will not be a bother, but an uplifting experience to put up with for six months. I only pray that all will go well, because after all, we are at the mercy of the weather for this trip. Thank God for raincoats eh?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

why doesn't anyone comment on your blogs? I assume you told others about this site, eh?

Matt said...

Yes, we've told everyone, and I've actually been wondering the same thing myself...come on, people! Leave us comments and let us know that you've been reading us! Please! My ego needs a boost!

Nikki said...

Ok, Matt, here is a comment. I'm doing a bit of catch up this evening. And I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes. My heart aches to just be a little roly-poly and sit on your shoulder and come with you all. You have no idea how much I will miss all four of you. Blessings, dear friends.

Baccarat Probability said...

It is reserve