On the Oregon Trail

On the Oregon Trail
Lauren, Katelyn, Matt and Jonathan

Monday, March 5, 2007

saving the environment three at a time

Lauren made a relieving realization today at lunch. We wont be buying gas/using it this year starting in May, meaning the air will be that much cleaner. Which makes me that much more excited. I love traveling, and now doing so in an environmentally friendly manner makes it that much more exciting. I am excedingly guilty of driving more than necessary, mainly because I like going places. I want to start weening my self off of nonrenewable propulsion, I believe this walk is going to give me the means, drive and determination to work towards an entirely renewable way of travel. So I challenge everyone this summer/year to find environmentally clean and renewable ways of getting your self from A to B. I know this is an enormous Country but since we normally just traveling down the road most of the time I think we can all take the time to plan an extra half hour into our schedule for travel time on say a bicycle or how about your own stinky feet. Just bring an extra jacket and mittens if it's cold.
P.S. the wheather is gorgeous today. take at least fifteen minutes to enjoy a cup of tea outside.

No comments: