On the Oregon Trail

On the Oregon Trail
Lauren, Katelyn, Matt and Jonathan

Thursday, June 21, 2007

when you try to be funny and it fails

Captains Log 62107

We decided to inhabit one more day the city of Prineville. The beings we have encountered appear to be friendly. Our night was spent squished between a shiny fire station and an in-progress carnival. We were met by Wayne, from the station, and Scot from the carnival. The sunlight in this part was hot, and I awoke like a baked potato heating in the oven.
We were able to travel more of the area after being interviewed briefly by a journalist, as they call it, of the name Kate. We then travelled to a rock show, which was not about rock music as we had thought. There were rocks on display for all to see. Muriel of Pele Creations and I chatted about the different arts of this world, and gave me something referred to as a web address for more information. That is www.handcraftjewelry.com.
The weather is hot and the crew is tired. We're looking for friendly ground to stay again for the night, before leaving for a new place to conquer tomorrow.

End captains log.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I didn't think it failed. But then I'm your mom and I have a twisted sense of humor.

Carry on.

Anonymous said...

Did you see where a bunch of pig's blood spilled all over the roadway somewhere in Oregon? I tried to figure out where that was, maybe you all have heard more. Anywho, watch out for that! Love, Bree

Anonymous said...

Katelyn has ended her log with the precise reason why I could never do this adventure, "We're looking for friendly ground to stay again for the night". I just have to know where I am sleeping, I book my motel room months in advance of vacations, even if everything else is up in the air, I know I have someplace to lay my head. I admire the energy and courage you are all bringing to this journey, enjoy and continue to regale us with stories, Captain!

Anonymous said...

Lol! You fuckers better not be getting rides!

anitsrikrainroof said...

To update those who have no way of knowing: the Feet have reached Mitchell OR 6/25/07. Everything is sparse: the landscape, gatherings of natives (i.e. towns/villages), food etc. But all is well, their spirits are high and they are cheering each other through the boring parts. 5 - 7 days to Boise ID they think.
Keep praying for strong bodies and strong hearts.
Jonathan's Mum